Wednesday 6 September 2017

ARAG legal Services – What customers said



This is the second part of my ARAG Legal Services blog.

We are grateful to customers who find time to leave feedback on their experience of using the website.

While I always hope for and never tire of hearing positive customer feedback, we also have some constructive comments that prompt a learning opportunity.

I would like to share a couple of these with you.



One customer wrote:

“I had a query about my policy but was told you did not have access to my schedule, this was problematic as I was passed back and forth between  XXXXXX (business insurer) and yourselves and took 2 hours to find out the information I was looking for”.

Our response -  We’re sorry. This customer had LEI embedded within a business insurance policy. While the business policy would have shown insurer contact details for customer queries, we can understand how the customer became confused. The technical team that look after the site content and deal with IT related issues are not insurance professionals, so we need to consider how best to direct individuals who raise with queries about their insurance policy back to their insurer/ or to our Underwriting team if the query relates to LEI.  We will look at messaging on the contacts page of the website and on our policy wordings to help smooth out the customer journey and direct clients to the right person to help. 


“I received an e-mail saying my enquiry could not be dealt with by them and to ring the legal advice line or submit a claim. As all part of the same company, would have thought my enquiry might have been referred to the appropriate quarter enabling them to contact me with a response. Also, legal advice line number is very expensive and the alternative number provided in the message was wrong. Why can you not use an 0800 number., Not impressed!”

Our response - This customer raises a couple of points:
  •          Cost.  The legal advice line phone number is an 0330 number. It costs the same to call as a normal home or business number and calls to the number will be included in landline call packages and mobile talktime and bundles of minutes.  Our legal advisors are happy to make a call- back so that we pick up the cost of calls for customers who are concerned about call costs.
  •          Difficulty contacting us.  Our contact details (phone and e-mail) for general enquiries are shown on the legal services website and a claim form is also available to down- load. We’ve also put up some videos aimed at informing customers what to expect when they report a claim.
  •          Again, our tech team is unable to dispense legal advice or deal with insurance enquiries and we will seek to improve messaging on the legal services website and on our policy wordings to clarify this


Finally,  I think this is a back-handed compliment!

Not what I thought I was paying for although I do like the idea of the free documentation you provide and would look for this from any competitor when I move away from you.

Our response… stay with us!







No comments:

Post a Comment